In today’s episode of Event Ninja News I show you how to send confirmation emails automatically from your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Last week, I showed you how to automatically add guests to your CRM using Zapier. Watch last weeks episode here. Now, I want to show you Step 3 in the process… how to use this information to automatically send your confirmation emails and look like a total Event Ninja! Watch this week’s episode for my full description or keep reading for a quick overview. Now that you have figured out how to “Zap” your guest information directly from your registration form into your CRM, wouldn’t it be great if a confirmation email was automatically sent straight to each guest? Well, I am about to show you something that you are going to want to implement for you next event. Please note: I will be taking you through how to do this in Agile CRM, simply because it’s free, relatively simple and what we use. Other CRM’s operate in similar ways, but I’m no CRM guru, so you may have to ask someone who is, if you use a different platform.
- Firstly, you should check that your “Zap” worked and that your guest information has been added to your CRM
- Create your email template. We like to keep it short, sweet and simple. We also find that Verdana 12pt font shows up really nicely on emails.
- Hyperlink to your event confirmation document. This document should include everything you think your guests need to know… date, time, location, map, parking details, etc, etc. Your job is to make sure they don’t have any questions after reading it.
- Create a “campaign”. This will send your email template.
- Create a trigger. This will tell your CRM who to send the confirmation to.