In today’s episode of Event Ninja News I explain how you can increase your guest numbers at your events for the next 12 months.
Watch this week’s episode for my full description or keep reading for a quick overview.
“How can I make sure I get the maximum number of guests at all of my events?” I hear you ask? Great question! With a little forward planning, you can make sure you maximise those guest numbers at all of your upcoming events this year.
Start by getting out your calendar… electronic or trusty hard copy, either way, start adding all of the dates throughout the year that you need to AVOID:
- Public holidays – specifically for your target audience
- School holidays – again, think about who your target audience is and which state’s school holidays are going to effect attendance at your event
- Religious holidays – if your potential guests are religious, they may miss your event if it falls on an important holiday
- Major city events – major sporting events, festivals and concerts can cause all sorts of problems for your event. Imagine if you tried to hold an event on Melbourne Cup Day?!
- Industry events or expos – will your target audience be tied up with other events during the year?
- Industry association conferences – these have a habit of lasting up to a week, so also consider avoiding the week prior or after a conference. Another week out of the office (or away from home!) might be off the cards for some of your potential guests
So, now you have a calendar with all of the dates that you DON’T want to hold your event on. All that’s left to do is to find some dates that don’t clash with any of the above. Simple!
Do you have any tips or stories you’d like to share about maximising guest numbers? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Leave me a comment here and I’ll be sure to reply.
Keep running events, connecting people and changing lives.
PS. Are you looking for event templates, checklists and a proven process to running successful events?
Don’t forget to head on over to thatwasthebesteventever.com to find out more about our brand new Event Ninja Academy starting on 1st March. Don’t miss out!
Subscribe to our weekly Event Ninja News here
Each week we will send you a short video with a quick tip to help you become an Event Ninja!
Below are some previous episodes you may like to check out:
Are you looking for a venue for your next event?
Come on over and visit us at www.venues2events.com.au to find the perfect venue for your next event.